Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Independent Reading Book: The Dead Fathers' Club Filler Chapter

I walked down the stairs and opened the door and Nan came in.

She said Ee thank you my pet.

Nan walked slow with her two metal sticks like an ant carrying a rock. After walking in and taking a seat on the wooden chair in front of the TV I went into the kitchen.

Mum was preparing the food. There was corn apples pineapples onion and turkey on the table and Uncle Alan was watching TV. Football was on and a player just got jumped on by 10 other players faster than dropping four quarters on the floor.

I said Is it time to eat yet?

Mum said No darling I have to finish baking the pie first.

Mums apple pie was sweet and delicious. It tasted good and it was better than any cake or candy. I thought about how dad used to say that her cooking was the best and how he always finished two whole pies himself during thanksgiving.

Uncle Alan came into the kitchen and said Everyones here so lets get rolling.

Mum said OK give me a minute to finish baking.

Then the timer went BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP like the microwave does when I made popcorn. Then we went to the dining room with the big table and everyone sat down. I sat next to mum and she sat across from Uncle Alan so I could keep an eye on him while I eat look eat look. I looked at everyone and they were waiting for mum to start a prayer.

Mum said We are thankful for the food and life graced to us.

The food was colorful and the turkey was as big as Uncle Alans fat stomach.

We were eating when I went to the bathroom to pee because I drank too much coke. I was washing my hands with cold water when I looked at the mirror and saw dads ghost fly in back of me and I remembered I only had two weeks to kill Uncle Alan.

Dads ghost said Philip you must do kill Uncle Alan tonight.

I said I cant theres too much people around and I dont know how to kill Uncle Alan yet.

Dads Ghost said Theres a sharp knife in the kitchen Philip theres not much time left I cant take the Terrers anymore. Do it tonight.

I went back to the dining room and everyone was laughing and drinking and eating. The food on the table was almost all gone and a dog ran on the table trying to take food off of every plate but was pushed off because it made a big mess.

And then Uncle Alan ate a big piece of orange carrot and his face turned bright red and he screamed only the scream was like dads ghost scream with the volume muted and he was hitting himself in the chest like it was a giant drum and dads ghost was behind him.

He didnt say anything for a while and then he said HELP.

Mum jumped and said Oh my god oh my god.

Dads ghost was at Uncle Alans side smiling and laughing and he couldnt control himself like Joker in Batman when he takes in too much laughing gas. I said in my head that I didnt have to kill him anymore since he was going to die like he was drowning in the sea because he could not breathe.

Dads Ghost said Philip look at him. Dont help him stay in your seat.

I said She will push me off.

Mum was behind Uncle Alan squeezing him as hard as she could like she was giving the worlds hardest hug.

Dads ghost said Philip stop her now. She must not save him.

Take her off.

He must die.

Do it.

Do it Philip.

Then Mum screamed harder than she barked that night she did it with Uncle Alan and he spit out a carrot the size of a golf ball. He was not choking anymore and he was alive with his face not red anymore and he stopped drumming his chest.

Nan said Ee that must hurt.

I turned towards dad but he already disappeared into the Terrors.

1 comments:

Simon M 6 said...

I picked this assignment because I had complete control of what went into it. I believe that I imitated Matt Haig's style of writing well. It was a fun piece to work on.